I. Responsibilities and Main Tasks：
The Development and Planning Office is a comprehensive department of OUC that coordinates and supervises the research, evidence collection, implementation and fulfillment of the University's development plans.
The main tasks of the Office include:
- Keeping track of distance higher education at home and abroad, including the current situations, development patterns and trends in degree and non-degree education fields, conducting research on medium-term and long-term developing strategies for the University, making medium-term and long-term development plans and giving suggestions on their implementation, execution, coordination, and inspection;
- Conducting targeted research on the development goals and central tasks of the University, providing proposals, policy suggestions and strategic counselling for the reform and development of the University;
- Maintaining systematic construction according to the deployment of the University, reforming the system management mode, supervising the implementation of University projects and plans, providing solutions to the problems in the course of systematic construction for the University's leaders;
- Designing overall plans for assets investment, making annual plans, designing management system for the University-run enterprises, formulating the management of all kinds of contracts at all levels, organizing the examination of reports on the feasibility of the University's key construction programmes and evaluating efficiencies of their construction;
- Conducting research on policies and legal affairs, finding and providing applicable political and legal basis for the legal management of the University to ensure that both the external affairs and the internal management are conducted in accordance with the law;
- Surveying, collecting, sorting, analyzing, reporting, and legally releasing relevant data on time, and supplying legal users with up-to-date information that reflects the development and changes of distance education of the open universities in China.
There are three sections under the Development and Planning Office: the Development and Planning Section, the Assets Management Section, and the General Management Section. The current Office leader is Li Yanzhong, who directs the overall work of the Office, and Vice Director is Zhang Yi. Niu Hui is Chief of Assets Management Section, and Han Weiguo is Assistant Section Chief.
II. Responsibilities of Each Section：
The General Management Section is the general information management center of the University, and its main tasks include:
- Establishing and perfecting the statistical system and statistical system network so as to promote standardized management of the statistical work;
- Surveying, collecting and arranging essential data on the education development of the open universities system in China, reporting general statistical statements of the University to external leaders, and providing data support to the leaders of OUC, all departments, and local open universities;
- Releasing relevant statistical information on the development and changes of the distance education of the open universities system in China, compiling relevant statistical materials, and publishing the University's statistical yearbook;
- Conducting in-depth analysis of statistical data to serve the development, policy-making, management, and planning of OUC and local open universities;
- Managing office finance, office equipment, archiving and public relations.
The Development and Planning Section is in charge of:
- Keeping track and analyzing current situations, patterns of development and trends in higher education, adult education, distance education, and other degree and non-degree education, home and abroad, conducting research on medium-term and long-term developing strategies of the University, making medium-term and long-term development plans and giving periodic suggestions on their implementation, and checking the execution, coordination and inspection of plans;
- Conducting timely research on policies, strategies and priorities of the nation and of the Ministry of Education for the development of the University, conducting targeted research to provide proposals, policy suggestions, and strategic counselling for the reform and development of the University;
- Conducting system construction according to the University's deployment, reforming management modes of the system, coordinating various activities of committees such as the Consultative Committee for Development and Reform of the University, supervising the implementation of projects and plans in the University's development planning, providing solutions to the problems in the course of systematic construction for the University's leaders.
The Assets Management Section is in charge of:
- Designing plans for overall assets investment and making annual plans, organizing and examining reports on the feasibility of the University's major construction programmes and evaluating the efficiencies of their construction;
- Managing University-run enterprises on behalf of the University, setting managerial systems for University-run enterprises and inspecting and supervising their execution, registering and managing state-owned assets of University-run enterprises, supervising their finance and auditing economic activities such as significant investments, financing, security, lending and loaning;
- Supervising the production and operation of University-run enterprises, urging them to perfect their operational control, increasing business efficiencies and economic returns and ensuring their annual payment to the University;
- Setting and managing the intangible assets of the University including patents, trademarks, works, non-patent technology, and others;
- Making and revising contract management measures, managing and regulating all kinds of contracts signed by relevant departments, conducting research regarding policy and legal matters to provide applicable political and legal basis for the University's management and to ensure that both the external affairs and the internal management are conducted in accordance with the law.
Add: Room A1018, 75 Fuxing Road, Beijing, 100039, P.R.China
Tel: (+86)10 57519050