Academic Affairs Department (Continuing Education Section; Admissions Office) of the Open University of China (OUC) is the functional department of educational administration of the OUC degree education and non-degree education. Under the leadership of the University's Deputy President in charge, the Office is responsible for the project management of OUs' cooperation in running schools, open education enrollment management, teaching management, student status management, non-degree education management, open education payment management, and teaching data management.
Thirty staff members are now working in the Academic Affairs Department(Continuing Education Section; Admissions Office). The Office consists of a total of nine sections, which are Administrative Office, Admission Office, Teaching Management Section, Student Records Management Section, Teaching Management Data Center, Statistics Office, OUC Faculty Management Office, OUC Office for Cooperation in Running Schools, Project Management Office.
The Director of the Division is Kuang Guiqiu, Vice Directors are Xie Laiyi, Xie Shengyong and Li Song.
The Main Sections and Their Functions:
- The Administrative Office is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Office, drawing up rules and regulations for the Office, coordinating relevant work both inside and outside the Office, managing the information and archives, and editing and printing newsletter for the Academic Affairs Department.
- The Admission Office is responsible for the formulation of admission plans, the organization of enrollment publicity work, the enrollment process management, and the examination of entry qualifications.
- The Teaching Management Section is responsible for the formulation of major courses planning, and teaching management and implementation, and also the management of professional training scheme, curriculum of compulsory courses (including concentrated teaching practice), curriculum design, course credits alternative, exam exemptions and course exemptions. The responsibility of the Office also includes teaching process management and monitoring.
- The Student Records Management Section is responsible for the formulation and implementation of the student status management system, which includes the responsibilities of students status management, graduation audit, degree audit and awarding certification.
- The Teaching Management Data Center is responsible for upgrading and maintaining, training and promotion of the academic affairs system, and of the enrollment management system, and also the management, analysis and publication of academic affairs data.
- The Statistics Office is responsible for the statistics, summary, coordination and service of the collection and payment data of open education.
- The OUC Faculty Management Office is responsible for the coordination, management, guidance and services provided for Bayi School, Zongcan School, School for the Air Force, School of Tibet, and School for the Disabled of OUC.
- The OUC Office for Cooperation in Running Schools is responsible for formulating relevant regulations on cooperation in running schools, communicating and coordinating the cooperative organizations, conducting negotiations and contracts signing of cooperative projects, and managing the projects.
- The Project Management Office is responsible for the coordination of management and coordination of non-degree education offered by OUC.
Add: Room A0914, 75 Fuxing Road, Beijing, 100039, P.R.China
Tel: (+86)10 57519021